219 Walnut Street Suite B. West Bridgewater, MA 02379 |call: (508) 583-3999 | fax: (508) 583-6888
© 2015 Vareika Construction, Inc.
The Sparrell Building, originally constructed to serve as a school, opened in 1937 to house classrooms for 225 students in grades five through twelve. It was used as a secondary school up until 1961, when it was converted to an elementary school. It remained an elementary school for the following 40 years. Today, it is used for public school offices as well as a storage site for the Norwell Historic Archives.
(Information from Sam Olson's book : A Narrative of South Scituate & Norwell: 1849-1963, provided by Wendy Bawabe, president of the Norwell Historical Society).
Vareika Construction completed a variety of work including the following:
-installed new asphalt roofing
-repointed the chimneys
-installed new zinc coated flashings
-new historic windows
-performed masonry repointing and painting
New Siding (above)
Renovated historic window (right)