© 2015 Vareika Construction, Inc.
219 Walnut Street Suite B. West Bridgewater, MA 02379 |call: (508) 583-3999 | fax: (508) 583-6888
Simes House: Plymouth, MA
- Complete exterior renovation
- Returned exterior paint to original color
- Rebuilding of historic porches and chimneys
- Original windows and doors restored
- Replication work of all exterior moldings
Location: 1 Bedford St, Lexington, MA 02420
Built in 1690, Buckman Tavern was a favorite social gathering spot of the militiamen who trained on the Lexington Green (which also still stands across the street today). The Tavern was the headquarters of the militia, and it is where they assembled to wait for the arrival of the British Troops when word was received that the Redcoats were going to destroy the all of the military supplies in Concord. It was here that the first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired.
Vareika Construction restored the historic wood shingle roofing as well as the copper valleys on Buckman Tavern.
Location: 100 Robert Treat Paine Drive
Waltham, MA 02452
The Robert Treat Paine Estate, also known as “Stonehurst” sits on 109 acres of public park ground in Waltham, MA. The house was designed for Boston lawyer, Robert Treat Paine Jr., his wife Lydia Lyman Paine and their seven children. In 1885 construction began to expand the estate designed by Henry Hobson Richardson and Frederick Law Olmstead.
Since 1974 the Paine Estate has been owned by the city of Waltham along with the land that serves as a public park. Vareika Construction is responsible for recent historic restorations of the windows, doors, porches, masonry and chimneys.
Location: 275 Grove Street, Medford, MA
Shepherd Brooks Manor was built in 1859 as a summer house for the Brooks Family. The Manor is of “Queen Anne” style architecture, which is no surprise since Shepherd Brooks graduated from Harvard with a degree in architecture.
Vareika Construction completed porch and column restorations on the manor, keeping the original deep green paint throughout the restoration process.
Location: 723 Osgood St, North Andover, MA
The Stevens Estate, located in North Andover, MA, was built in 1886 by Moses T. Stevens, a successful textile mill owner. The estate, which sits upon Osgood Hill, is one of the very few left from the Victorian era in the Boston area. In 1995 North Andover purchased the historic mansion and the surrounding 153 acres, which is now known for hosting weddings, conferences and events.
Vareika Construction replicated and replaced the historic doors and windows, completed slate roofing repairs as well as epoxy repairs to the exterior trim and exterior painting.
Location: 29 Manomet Point Rd, Plymouth, MA
Joseph Simes House was built in 1863, consisting of a 79-acre farm running from Manomet House Road easterly to the ocean. Over time, the land was sold and eventually turned into 16 separate lots. Vareika Construction completed an entire renovation of the exterior, including new asphalt and zinc coated copper flat seam roofing, original glass window restoration, structural framing, rebuilding of existing chimneys, stone foundation, historic porches and doors. The exterior painting was also completed and returned to the original color from 1863.
Location: 65 Pumping Station Rd, Falmouth, MA
Built in 1898, Falmouth Pumping Station sits between Long Pond and Grews Pond. The building exemplifies late 19th century public architecture, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998. Today, the pumping station is still fully functioning, sanitizing and providing water to the surrounding community.
Vareika Construction worked on both exterior and interior features of the pumping station. Exterior work included roof restoration of slate, copper and rubber roofing, masonry, and window replacement. Interior restorations encompassed hardwood flooring, doors, trim, and crown molding to the walls and ceilings.
Location: 20 Hartford Street
Newton Highlands, MA 02461
Brigham House built in 1886 was once home to Edward L. Brigham, the founder of Brigham’s Ice Cream. After serving as the Newton Highland’s Branch Library, it is now used as the Hyde Community Center’s after-school program for teenagers.
Vareika Construction restored the house’s structural framing, windows, exterior asphalt roofing, gutters, and flat-board siding all while preserving the originality of the Queen Anne style home.